Monday, June 22, 2009

Accident investigation -Self-Help

One of the first things that most attorneys will want to obtain in investigating an auto accident is the South Carolina Traffic Colission Report, or Accident Report, filed by the investigating police officer. Depending on which police agency investigates you may have different option in obtaining this quickly.

If you, or a family member, are in an auto accident you should receive a copy of Form FR-10 from the responding officer. You can use the information on this form when you seek to obtain a copy of the Police Traffic Collission Report. The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles offers some online resources to facilitate a request for the Report. The Request forms can be found at: along with instructions about the fee and where to send your request and some informational pages such as:

Links, such as Online "Public Services" can assist individuals to collect information and to do things from address changes to obtaining duplicate licenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment